Honey-Garlic Chicken Thighs
Join Andrej The Chef as he unveils the secrets to making Honey-Garlic Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Broccoli. A perfect blend of sweet and savory, this recipe is an easy yet impressive dish for any occasion. Dive into the flavors and enjoy a heartwarming meal.
Sweet and Savory Honey-Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggies
Hello, fellow food lovers! It's Andrej The Chef here, and today I'm thrilled to share with you a delightful recipe that's close to my heart:
Honey-Garlic Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Broccoli.
This dish is a beautiful symphony of flavors and textures, combining the sweetness of honey, the warmth of garlic, and the earthiness of roasted vegetables.
My journey with this recipe began on a cozy autumn evening.
I was looking for something that would not only satisfy the taste buds but also bring comfort and warmth to the dinner table.
Inspired by the simplicity of nature's produce and the richness of honey, this recipe was born.
It's a testament to how simple ingredients, when combined thoughtfully, can create something truly magical.
As we walk through this recipe together, I invite you to embrace the joy of cooking and the pleasure of sharing a wholesome meal with your loved ones.
Let's get started on this culinary adventure!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 pound small carrots, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Marinate the Chicken: In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Place chicken thighs in a zip-top bag with half of the honey mixture. Seal the bag, removing excess air, and massage the chicken to coat well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Reserve the remaining honey mixture.
- Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the marinated chicken on one side of the pan.
- Season the Carrots: Toss the sliced carrots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Spread them on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake Chicken and Carrots: Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then, stir the carrots.
- Add Broccoli: Toss the broccoli florets with the remaining olive oil. Add them to the baking sheet, distributing them evenly. Season everything with salt and pepper. Continue baking until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), and the vegetables are tender, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Make the Sauce: While the chicken and vegetables are baking, whisk cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Combine this mixture with the reserved honey mixture in a saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat, whisking often, until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Serve: Drizzle the thickened honey-garlic sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables. Serve hot and enjoy!
As we wrap up our cooking session, I hope you feel inspired and excited to try this Honey-Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe.
Cooking is more than just a process; it's an art and a way to express love and care.
This dish, with its rich flavors and nourishing ingredients, is a reminder of the beauty and simplicity of home cooking.
Whether you're gathering around the table with family or enjoying a quiet meal by yourself, remember that every dish you create carries a piece of your story and your passion.
Thank you for joining me in the kitchen today.
Until next time, keep exploring, keep cooking, and keep sharing the joy of delicious food.
Share your thoughts! Write a comment: