Egg White Frittata with Spinach and Mushrooms
Enjoy a light and nutritious Egg White Frittata with Spinach and Mushrooms, perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch. Packed with protein and low in carbs, this recipe is both delicious and easy to make.
Start your day with a burst of energy with this Egg White Frittata with Spinach and Mushrooms. It's a healthy, protein-packed dish that's low in carbs and fat, making it an ideal choice for a nutritious breakfast or a light brunch.
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sliced mushrooms, sautéing until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and cook until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until slightly frothy.
- Spread the sautéed vegetables evenly in an oven-proof skillet or baking dish.
- Pour the whisked egg whites over the vegetables, ensuring they are well distributed.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the frittata is set and the top is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
Serve warm, cut into wedges. This frittata pairs wonderfully with a side salad or whole-grain toast for a complete meal.
Share your thoughts! Write a comment: