Classic Fried Chicken Recipe
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with our Classic Fried Chicken recipe. Crispy, juicy, and full of flavor, this easy-to-follow recipe will guide you to make the perfect fried chicken at home. Perfect for family dinners or a special treat, learn to make this timeless dish with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions. Serve it with your favorite sides for a meal that's sure to impress.
There's something irresistibly comforting about classic fried chicken. Crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside – it's a dish that brings together simplicity and indulgence in every bite. Whether it's a family gathering or just a craving for something delicious, this recipe guarantees to bring smiles to the table.
- 4 large chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marinate the Chicken: In a large bowl, soak the chicken thighs in buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Prepare the Flour Mixture: In a separate bowl, mix together flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Coat the Chicken: Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge each piece in the flour mixture, ensuring it's fully coated.
- Heat the Oil: In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350°F (175°C). Use enough oil to cover the chicken pieces halfway.
- Fry the Chicken: Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for about 10-15 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached.
- Drain: Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a wire rack over a baking sheet to drain excess oil.
Serve this classic fried chicken hot and crispy. It pairs wonderfully with sides like mashed potatoes, coleslaw, or a simple green salad. Don't forget to add a dollop of your favorite dipping sauce – honey mustard, BBQ, or a spicy mayo can elevate the dish even further.
This classic fried chicken recipe is more than just a meal; it's a heartwarming dish that never fails to delight. Whether you're a seasoned cook or trying your hand at frying chicken for the first time, this recipe promises a delicious outcome. So go ahead, give it a try and watch this classic become a favorite in your household.
Share your thoughts! Write a comment: