Classic Currywurst Recipe
Indulge in the flavors of Germany with this classic currywurst recipe, featuring savory bratwurst and a rich, curry-spiced ketchup. Easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion, this dish brings the essence of German street food to your kitchen. Discover the simple process and enjoy a delicious culinary journey
Currywurst is a beloved German street food classic, combining the savory taste of bratwurst with the unique flavors of curry-spiced ketchup. This dish, popularized in Berlin in the 1950s, has become a culinary symbol of German fast food culture. It’s simple, flavorful, and has a delightful blend of spices that tantalize the taste buds. Whether you're reminiscing about a visit to Germany or exploring international flavors from your kitchen, this classic currywurst recipe brings a piece of German tradition to your table.
- 4 pork bratwursts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Prepare the Sauce: In a saucepan, combine ketchup, curry powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the Bratwursts: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bratwursts and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are browned and cooked through.
- Assemble the Dish: Slice the cooked bratwursts diagonally into bite-sized pieces. Place them on a serving plate. Generously drizzle the curry ketchup sauce over the sliced bratwursts.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle some curry powder on top for an extra kick and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Classic currywurst is typically enjoyed with a side of fries or a piece of crusty bread. Pair it with a cold German beer for an authentic experience.
This classic currywurst recipe is a perfect example of comfort food that’s easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s ideal for a casual get-together, a quick dinner, or whenever you crave a taste of German street food. Enjoy the blend of savory, sweet, and spicy flavors that make currywurst a timeless favorite.
Share your thoughts! Write a comment: